Live on top of an Appleton legend! These newly constructed luxury apartments are located at the top of The Zuelke Building. Featuring top-of-the-line quartz/stainless kitchens and hardwood cabinets, in-unit washer and dryer, heated underground parking and expansive windows giving you a view of the entire Fox Valley. Bring your pets, as cats and dogs are welcome here!
The Zuelke is a completely rehabbed mixed-use building available in the heart of Appleton’s Downtown. Located in Houdini Plaza and just steps from a bevy of great restaurants, retail and entertainment, this is the hottest address in town for a true Live/Work/Playenvironment
For leasing information, contact:
Structure Properties/ Milwaukee View
Located in the heart of Appleton, Wisconsin- The Zuelke Building has been a prominent downtown landmark since 1931. This building is one of the finest examples of the Neogothic Revival architectural style in the Fox Valley Region.
Milwaukee View aims to redevelop and revitalize the 12 story, 80,000 square foot Zuelke Building. The Zuelke will be converted from a full office building into a mixed-use project with the top three floors renovated into luxury residential lofts with expansive views of Appleton. The next eight floors will be Class A office and co-working. The ground floor dedicated to retail. In addition, Milwaukee View will have limited underground parking for residential tenants. All electrical, plumbing, HVAC and elevators will be removed and replaced with new equipment. All of the historic integrity of the building will remain the same, especially the grand lobby.
Downtown Appleton is host to industry, entertainment and night life. Notable landmarks include the Fox Valley Performing Arts Center, the Trout Museum of Art, and Lawrence University, a Liberal Arts College with enrollment of 1,500.
Destroyed by fire in 1875, the site of the Zuelke Building originally housed a two-story drug store and feed store, until the 1850’s, when a third level was added and the building was converted into a Masonic Temple. In 1880, a nearly identical replacement structure was built on the Zuelke site- housing a bank, hardware store, Masonic Temple rooms and additional office space.
It wasn’t until 1926 that the current namesake for the Zuelke Building – Mr. Irving Zuelke – acquired the property and opened the Irving Zuelke Music Company therein. Unfortunately, only two years after Zuelke moved in, another devastating fire consumed the property in what the January 26, 1928 edition of the Oshkosh Daily Northwestern referred to as, “… probably the greatest [pecuniary loss] in the history of the city.”
Irving Zuelke set out to rebuild and was determined to make his new building as fireproof, yet still aesthetically pleasing, as possible. In 1932, the framework for the first seven floors of the Zuelke Building that stand today rose from the ground- ordained in the finest marble, steel, stone, and brass around. In fact, one reporter with the Appleton Review proclaimed: “We hope that all citizens of Appleton can spare time to carefully examine the beautiful marble decorations which add so much to the dignity and refinement of a city building. Appleton may well be proud of such an asset.”
Recognizing the opportunity brought on by the seemingly ever-expanding city around him, Zuelke decided to construct the final five floors that still stand here today. At the time of completion in 1951, the Zuelke Building is said to have been the tallest in Appleton- perhaps the Fox Cities region altogether.